Invitation for Bids for Freetown City Administrative Construction Project
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
8th August 2016
Republic of Sierra Leone
Freetown City Administrative Complex Project
Construction of Freetown City Administrative Complex
and provision of necessary equipment
Loan No. SIL-1
- The Government of the Republic of Sierra Leone, through the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, (“Borrower”) has received a Loan from the Export-Import Bank of Korea from the resources of the Economic Development Cooperation Fund (EDCF) of the Republic of Korea in the amount of fifty four million nine hundred eighty six thousand US Dollars (USD 54,986,000) toward the cost of Freetown City Administrative Complex Project (“Project”) and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for which this Invitation for Bids is issued.
- The Project Executing Agency, Freetown City Council (“FCC”), now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of the Project and provision of necessary equipment for the Project.
- Summary of Work
- Construction of Freetown City Administrative Complex
-15 stories above grade and 3 stories in basement with RC structure and steel frame structure, curtain wall, metal sheet and granite skin
-Gross floor area to construct: 24,305.60 sqm
-Main function : City Administrative Office, City Council Hall, Civil Affairs Service, Auditorium, Exhibition, Guest Room, Sky Lounge, etc
- Provision of equipment’s for Electrical Works, Mechanical Works, Office Furniture, etc.
- Duration: 24 months from the effective date of contract
- Site: 17 Wallace Johnson Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Bidding will be conducted through Competitive Bidding (CB) procedures specified in the Guidelines for Procurement under EDCF Loans, and is open to all eligible bidders that meet the following minimum qualification criteria.
- The bid will be open only to Korean companies.
- Average of the last three (3) years’ annual net worth of a Bidder calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive, and the net profit of the Bidder should be positive for at least one (1) year during the latest three (3) years.
- Average of the last 3 years’ annual construction turnover of Bidder should be more than thirty million US Dollars (USD 30,000,000) calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed.
- The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments to meet:
- the cash-flow requirement of six millions five hundred thousand US Dollars (USD 6,500,000), and
- the overall cash flow requirements for this contract and its current works commitment.
- Average of the last 3 years’ annual Debt-to-Equity ratio of Bidder should be less than five hundred percent (500%).
- The Bidder must have experienced as the role of contractor, or subcontractor since at least five (5) years prior to the date of bid submission deadline.
The Bidder must have his track record of at least three (3) construction contracts of the Similar Works, within the last ten (10) years from the date of bid submission deadline, each with at least ten (10) stories above grade and at least gross floor area of twenty thousand square meters (20,000 sqm), that have been successfully completed.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from FCC and inspect the bidding documents at the Address (1) below from 09:00 to 17:00 hours during normal working days.
- A Pre-Bid meeting will take place at the following date, time and place;
Date : 19th August 2016
Time : 10:00 a.m.
Place : the Address (2)
A mandatory site visit conducted by the Employer will be organized on the same day after the Pre-Bid meeting. All the expenses in this respect will be borne by each individual bidder. Bidders will be eliminated from the process of evaluation if they do not attend the Pre-Bid meeting.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by any interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the Address (1) below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of eight hundred US Dollars (USD 800). The method of payment will be cash or direct deposit to a specified bank and account number as follows;
- the name of bank specified : Zenith Bank, Sierra Leone
- the account number specified : 4070122265
The documents may be collected at the office shown below or will be sent by courier at each bidder`s expenses for overseas deliveries. FCC shall not be responsible for any postal delays. Only bidders who purchased the bidding documents before the deadline submission will be eligible to submit a bid.
- Bids must be delivered to the Address (2) below at or before 2:00 p.m. on 3rd October 2016. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of one million US Dollars (USD 1,000,000). Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidder’s representatives who choose to attend at the Address (2) below at 2:30 p.m. on 3rd October 2016.
- FCC will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.
FCC Project Office, Freetown City Council, Bicentenary House,
17 Wallace Johnson Street, Freetown, SIERRA LEONE
Conference Room, Freetown City Council, Ground Floor, Bicentenary House,
17 Wallace Johnson Street, Freetown, SIERRA LEONE
Freetown City Council
Ing. Horatio Max Gorvie (City Engineer)
Freetown City Council, Bicentenary House, 17 Wallace Johnson Street,
Freetown, SIERRA LEONE
+232 (76) 606310/ +232 (88) 606312