ADVERTISEMENT: Career Opportunity for Young Professional for BRAC InternationalSeptember 15, 2016
Career Opportunity – Young Professional for BRAC International
With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 138 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organization. BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
TheYoung Professionals Programme (YPP) of BRAC International provides the foundationfor exceptionally qualified and motivated individuals seeking a professional career indevelopment.YPP offers a range of opportunities to develop professional skills and understand BRAC’s diverse development programmes, operations, policies and procedures.
To have an in-depth understanding of national and internationaldevelopment, Young Professionals will be exposed to the following as part of their training and capacity development:
- Field attachments with BRAC’s development and support programmesin remote locations of their home country
- Classroom-based training on development programs and managerial skills at BRAC’s headquarters in Bangladesh
- Exposure visits to development programs and social enterprises in Bangladesh
- Short-term assignment with a specific programme
- Coaching and mentoring: A mentor will be allocated to each YP to help them navigate through BRAC and make the best use of their experience
Upon completion of training, Young Professionals will be given appointment in different BRAC programs and have the opportunity to fast track their careers towardsmanagerial positions across BRAC International.
This programme is designed for qualified and motivated individuals who have the desire to establish a career in international development, a proven track record of academic success and leadership capability.
The following are eligibility requirements for the Young Professionals Program:
- Citizen of the BRAC participating country with a valid passport
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a reputed university with aminimum CGPA of 3.5 (in a scale of 4.0) or 4.5 (in a scale of 5.0)
- Fluency in English
- Maximum 30 years of age at the time of joining
- Professional experience of 2-3 years is desirable but not a must
Citizens of the following BRAC operating countries are eligible to apply: Sierra Leone, Pakistan, Myanmar, Tanzania, Uganda, Afghanistan, South Sudan and Liberia
Additional Person Specifications
- Commitment and drive towards improving the lives of people in your country
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Readiness to serve in field assignments in remote locations
- Flexibility and capacity to work in different areas of the organisation
- Readiness to uphold the BRAC values of integrity, innovation, inclusiveness and effectiveness
If you would like to apply, please complete the Online Application Formon http://birb.brac.net/and upload soft copies of the following documentsby October 09, 2016.
- CV with contact information of two professional references (not relatives)
- Statement of interest (maximum 500 words)
- Passport size photograph
Please noteno hard copy applications will be accepted.
Applications will go through a rigorous screening process. Due to the large volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be invitedto a multi-stage interview process. Candidates should be prepared to face written and oral assessments & bothin-person and virtual interviews.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be given a competitive remuneration package and provided an all-expenses paid trip to BRAC’s headquarters inBangladesh for training. The training package shall include:
- one-time return airfare (to and fromhome country)
- accommodation, travel and food costs within Bangladesh
The new cohort of Young Professionals will be expected to travel to Bangladesh by January 2017 for classroom training and field visits
This advertisement is made available on the following websites:
Standard times website: